Superintendents are the contractor’s representative at the construction site. They shall coordinate the activities of the various trade groups such as sub-contractors, self-perform crews and owner provided vendors on site. Responsibilities include making sure that the work progresses according to schedule, that materials and equipment are delivered to the site on time, and that the activities of the various workers do not interfere with one another. Supervises all these activities by collaborating with the foremen for the different trades or sub-contractors. Overall responsibility is summarized by process thinking, problem solving processes, and quality control.
• Strictly adhere to company safety policy.
• Must be able to organize and coordinate several major activities at once, while analyzing and resolving specific problems.
• Must be able to implement project management software and scheduling program.
• Inspects all construction work to enforce conformity to specifications and contract documents.
• Collaborate with project manager on job schedule and buy into meeting benchmarks and hold weekly foreman’s meetings with planned agenda.
• Account for each sub-contractor on the job each day, and follow up with project manager and sub-contractor’s office as needed.
• Keeps records on work performed and materials used.
• Responsible for control of site labor and material costs.
• Maintains reports.
• Should have many years of experience in one or more of the construction trades.
• Good understanding of construction methods, scheduling, and blueprint reading.
• Basic knowledge and use of communication skills.
• Demonstrated leadership ability is essential.
• College education is not required, but is helpful.
• The ability to converse in Spanish may be an asset.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
Apply on LinkedIn