APPLY @ MONSTER.COM
Packer Operator – 1st Shift
This role is part of our Purina Animal Nutrition business helping our network of local cooperatives, independent dealers and other large retailers serve producers, and animal owners throughout the United States. Through industry -leading R&D and committed partnerships, we innovate the nutrition products and practices that unlock the full potential of every animal for a healthier, more productive life.
The Production Operator is the front-line employee who performs the manufacturing processes that add value and quality to the inputs and create the final high-quality final products. There are a variety of sub-classifications within the Operator job family that could range in specific duties from receiving and handling the raw materials, adding value through a variety of proprietary processes, to packaging the final product. In all stages of production safety, attention to detail, a quality and sanitation focus, and efficiency are key to the success of the operation.
• 1st Shift (6:00am – 6:00pm)
• High School Diploma or GED.
• No work experience required; 6 months continuous prior experience in any industry preferred
• Basic computer skills.
• Ability to follow manufacturer’s specifications and directions
• Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
• 18 years or older
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Work in cold and/or hot temperatures throughout the day
• Adhere to all standard operating procedures (SOPs)
• Ensures a safe working environment while performing assigned tasks
• Ability to read, write, comprehend, follow verbal and written instructions and possess basic mathematical skills
• Self-Reliant and able to accurately work under limited supervision
• Able to trouble shoot mechanical problems
• Communicates work order progress to supervisor and production operators
• Customer focused and able to work in a collaborative team
• Ability to be flexible in work performed and schedule
• Knowledge of various pieces of high tech manufacturing processing and packaging equipment. Examples include but not limited to baggers, palletizers and cookers.