APPLY @ MONSTER.COM
The Cook I will demonstrate a competent level of knowledge of skill set. Portions out food items prior to cooking, and prepares all food items, including grilled food items. Helps prepare items for Caterings and other stations as assigned by management. Capable of running more than one station. Requires minimal direction and follow up for most tasks.
• Responsible for the preparation and service of menu items including pantry items, salads, soups, sauces and preparation of ingredients for entrees.
• Plan food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so excellence, quality temperature and appearance of food is preserved.
• Correctly prepare, cook, plate and garnish food served following recipes.
• Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
• Complete food temperature checks before service.
• Collaborate with Culinary Team Members and Service Team Members to ensure optimal guest service.
• Practice and observe proper preparation and food handling techniques.
• Responsible for maintaining a clean, efficient, sanitary and safe work station at all times.
• Regular and punctual attendance is required
• Perform other related tasks as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Minimum 2 years previous kitchen experience preferred.
• Familiar with materials and equipment used in a volume dining environment.
• Knowledge of basic knife skills.
• Able to write, read and utilize math skills.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others using clear and professional language; listen and respond appropriately.
• Support team to reach common goals.
• Good time management skilled needed.
• Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
• Must be able to stand on hard surfaces up to eight (8) hours.
• Position also involves bending, stooping and walking.
• ·Must be able to lift and pull boxes, pans, and trays up to fifty (50) pounds.
• ServSafe Certification preferred.