APPLY @ Snagajob.com
The Head Cashier is responsible for register transactions involving the sale and/or return of merchandise. The Head Cashier is also responsible for assisting the Assistant Manager, Operations in the completion of office duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Project a positive representation of Westlake Ace Hardware.
• Greet customers entering and throughout the store. Thank customers by name, when possible when they are leaving the store.
• Project a friendly, outgoing demeanor; work well with customers as well as those supervised.
• Ensure excellent customer service from those supervised.
• Ensure all calls and pages are answered promptly, courteously and effectively.
• Communicate any problem or issue that requires management assistance.
• Ensure fast, accurate, professional checkouts.
• Perform Cashier duties as needed to eliminate delays.
• Possess strong product knowledge and knowledge of store layout and location of products.
• Ensure customers are being greeted and thanked by name whenever possible.
• Follow all cash register transaction procedures.
• Responsible for balancing of register drawer.
• Adhere to any Store Support Center program or promotion that may require implementation at the cash registers.
• Assist with register and computer problems, downloads, upgrades, and fixes as needed.
Cash Room Operations
• In the absence of the Assistant Manager-Operations, verify Cashier-balancing procedures are followed.
• In the absence of the Assistant Manager-Operations, verify deposit procedures and policies are followed on a daily basis.
• Help prepare deposit, long/short recap, cashier over-short acknowledgements, and sales audits.
• Verify weekend vault counts and randomly verify vault.
• Provide assistance to the Assistant Manager-Operations in the completion of multiple office duties, including receiving, invoices, purchase orders, inventory adjustments, etc.
• On an as needed basis, provide assistance to the Assistant Manager-Operations in the completion of the quarterly audit checklist.
• On as needed basis, observe Cashiers for proper phone etiquette, greeting customers, handling returns correctly and that the customers are being treated attentively.
Front End Appearance and Upkeep
• Keep the front end neat and clean at all times. Face and dust front end.
• Keep impulse counters stocked and faced, rotate fresh merchandise in as seasons change.
• Ensure fresh ads are stocked in shopping carts at all times.
• Ensure forms and supplies are stocked at all times.
• Assist with decorating the front end according to the Store Support Center program.
• Call for cart pickups when necessary.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Communicate any merchandising, cost control or sales idea to the General Manager for follow up.
• Participate in store and Cashier meetings.
• Assist with training and development of new cashiers.
• Work with Assistant Manager-Operations to prepare for advancement
Other Essential Requirements
Ability to exhibit and incorporate our Core Values into daily decisions and interactions with others:
o SERVICE – Amaze our customers, our associates and our communities by delivering on our helpful promise.
o PASSION – Showing our love for the work we do, our customers, and our associates.
o RESPECT – The humble appreciation that every person is unique and valued.
o INTEGRITY – An authentic commitment to moral and ethical behavior.
o TEAMWORK – Together we can achieve extraordinary things.
o EXCELLENCE– A disciplined approach to achieve outstanding results through continuous improvement.
Minimum Skills, Requirements and Qualifications
• High School or GED equivalent.
• Experience in retail and/or office management preferred. Cashier experience preferred. Customer service experience preferred.
• Standing, walking, lifting (up to 25lbs) and climbing.