Since 1978, the SER Board of Directors has been awarding scholarships to Hispanic students seeking a four year degree. Awards of $500 to $1,000 are granted to the selected recipients.
The SER Board of Directors Scholarship Program is open to all Hispanics students who have maintained at least a 2.75 (B-) cumulative grade point average (first time applicants must have a 3.0 GPA), have applied for full-time status as a student at an accredited college, university or junior college, and meet all admission requirements of the school selected.
Those students who meet the eligibility requirements may apply for this scholarship by doing all of the following:
1. Completing and signing the scholarship application.
2. Completing a brief narrative as requested on the application.
3. Furnishing a recommendation letter to the Committee from a school counselor, teacher or other individual with first-hand knowledge of the applicant’s school or community involvement, leadership, academic achievements/honors or other information relevant to the selection process.
4. Turning in an official copy of their transcript.
5. Enclosing a photo suitable for press release.
6. Mail items listed above (1-5) to the committee, postmarked no later than February 28th, to this address:
SER Board of Directors Scholarship Committee
1020 N. Main, Suite D
Wichita, Kansas 67203
SER Corporation Hispanic Scholarships recipients are selected on the basis of academic record, leadership and participation in school and community activities, honors, work experience, statement of educational and career goals, unusual personal or family circumstances, and a recommendation.
The scholarship committee will review all applications and recommend recipients to the SER Board of Directors for approval by March 31st. Recipients will be notified of their selection following approval.
Scholarship awards will be paid in two equal installments in the form of a check made payable to the school in August and December. Awards may be used to pay for tuition, required fees, books and other related educational expenses.
Awards are renewable for up to three years or until educational requirements are met, whichever comes first. All eligible scholarship recipients must complete the application process each year to be considered for renewal of the reward. Students attending Wichita State University automatically receive matching funds.
It will be mandatory that recipients attend the annual scholarship reception. Students not attending will forfeit scholarship funds awarded. Recipients are required to notify the committee in writing of changes to address, school enrollment or other relevant information prior to the installment mail date.
SER Corporation Hispanic Scholarships Program Downloadable PDF’s